The Pet Therapy program uses pet interaction to help clients increase optimism, improve morale, and lower blood pressure and anxiety, among additional benefits. Activities with our certified therapy dogs are individualized to meet client needs and may include personal time with the animal, group socialization, or outdoor play. Pet therapy is available for clients in the Crossroads Residential and Detox Program, as well as the Children and Adult Crisis Stabilization Units. Pet Therapy is conducted by nationally accredited staff and volunteers.
Pet Therapy Assists Clients With:
- Lowering Anxiety and Blood Pressure
- Providing Comfort and Support
- Improving Mood and Affect
- Increasing Positive Socialization
- Reinforcing Gentle Interactions