Narcan® Opioid Overdose Prevention
In order to combat opioid overdoses and accidental deaths which have quadrupled since 2000, David Lawrence Center provides free access to NARCAN® Nasal Spray, the FDA-approved intranasal form of naloxone. Thanks to funding provided by the Department of Children and Families, this innovative program provides first responders —such as family members, loved ones, friends, and caregivers of known or suspected users of heroin and/or prescription painkillers — with vouchers to access this life-saving prescription nasal spray at a local pharmacy at no cost.
NARCAN® is indicated for the emergency treatment of a known or suspected opioid-related overdose. Individuals receive a brief training explaining how the spray is used in conjunction with contacting 911 and accessing emergency medical care.
• For eligible adults 18 years and older
• Ideal for a loved one, friend, family member or caregiver of a person at risk of opioid overdose
• Used for individuals with a known or suspected history of opioid use, abuse, and/or overdose
• Vouchers available at all DLC locations, including Emergency Services 24/7
• Includes mandatory brief orientation video and education
• Prescription pick-up at Gulfshore Apothecary